Thursday, April 18, 2013

Good Morning Church,


This y thing is so weird, it is like typing in slow motion.  I am concentrating very hard.  Mostly I usually type without thinking of the keys,  Just proves you can teach an old....well you know the rest....but when teaching, you must go slowly.  

So, I have not watched any t.v.  None, zip.  There is one in the flat in which I am staying, but why turn it on when I cannot speak or understand the language.  James has told me on the phone about the bombing in Boston.  Truly there are no words that give full witness to this kind of action.  We can only pray for those families who grieve, for the perpetrator, for our own actions that exclude or reject, for our country. 

 It says something about our culture, our country, ....yes even us, when violence becomes the way we live together.  It begs the question: how are we as Christians real peace-makers?

Yesterday, I literally spent the whole day reading, reading, reading and writing outlines and notes and taking a long walk in the woods.  It felt good.  Thank you for this gift of time away.  There is really something to this time being totally away.  There are times that I get so many ideas, I cannot write fast enough.  God's creative Spirit is wonderful.

The other thing I learn again, here, is how to live with less.  We, (me and you, living in U.S.) take so many things for granted (like dryers and cars and big grocery stores, bigger homes).  If we were less concerned about things, perhaps we could have more time for family and friends and care of each other?  Maybe more room for God?   As I walked by the park, (going for coffee) on Tuesday, it was full of people just sitting and visiting.  When was the last time you sat on a park bench and just thought.   No agenda, no expectation, no hurry?  I tried it for a while.  Strange and wonderful!  When was the last time zou (oops) took a walk with friends?  Or by yourself?

The wonderful parts of my days: amazing coffee, incredible views, ancient cobblestone streets, old churches, flowers of spring, and did I mention, great coffee:)

This morning I have woken to the news in Texas.  How incredibly sad and scarey.  Our hearts, joined together, go out to these people in thought and in prayer.  

As I finish this and prepare to hang up my laundry to dry, it is 9:30 here, which means it is 3:30 am there.  You are all still sleeping, and I picture our Little Brockport "Sleepy Hallow"  Village with only the lights of the 24 hr. laundry lit.  I pray for you all.  Even as you sleep.

When you wake......vaya con dios!

J

No comments: